Modification of Decrees Attorney in Grand Junction, CO

What is Modification of Decrees?

A modification of decree is the process of amending a decision issued by the court during a divorce. Requesting a modification of decree allows individuals to petition changes to the decisions made during their divorce, such as specific rights, child custody or visitation, spousal support, and property division.

Types of Modification of Decrees for Divorce

There are many types of ways to modify a divorce decree, some of the main ones include:

  1. Child Support Modification

    When requestion a modification to a child support decree for an increase or decrease, you must provide proof of circumstance. This means that you show a substantial change in things like income, cost of childcare, healthcare, etc.

  2. Spousal Support or Alimony

    This is money paid to a spouse for support after a divorce. A spousal support decree can be petitioned for modification depending on the duration of payments and the amount paid. Proof of circumstances must be provided.

  3. Child Custody Modification

    One or both parents can petition the modification of a child custody decree. Terms of a child custody modification can be agreed upon by the parties written consent and given to a court for authorization. All modifications of child custody must be granted by a judge to be legally valid. A judge will determine the best interest of the child(ren) before a modification is made.

If you need legal help, contact us here or call us at 970-712-1152.

Need Legal Help Concerning Modification Of Decrees? Contact Us.

If you need help regarding Modifications of Decrees, speak with one of our attorney to begin building your case. Our Colorado criminal attorney will fight for your rights.


divorce modifications in grand junction